Augmented reality (AR) is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the real objects are "augmented" by computer-generated perceptual information across single multiple sensory modalities, including visual, auditory and haptic.
It is real. It is gonna be the part of every industry, soon. Apple and Google have already put billions of dollars in AR/VR to be the leader. Let's see its applications:
1. Retail: With Virtual Try-on, Virtual Make-up and 3D view of yours, fashion industry is gonna change the way it does business.
2. Gaming: A next level of interactive game is being created where real world is augmented with virtual objects. AR Gaming market can go up to 285 billion by 2023.
3. Medical: Healthcare training, learning, surgery, hospital management would go through a dramatic change.
4. Military: Military training and simulation can empower army in unimaginable way.
5. Maintenance and Repair: It empowers engineers to maintain and repair remotely and more efficiently.
6. Education: AR apps can improve the learning methods by giving immersive and interactive experience.
7. Marketing: Advertising companies need to use it to create a unique level of customer experience.
8. Media & Entertainment: The way news are discussed would be changed dramatically with AR apps. Israeli TV.
9. Real Estate: AR apps are changing the real estate industry which can attract the customers by having 3D view and sharing house design in more interesting way.
There is no doubt that Augmented Reality will reshape more than just these five industries. As devices adapt to the new technology, the growth of Augmented Reality is exponentially huge. With so many positive advantages, AR could fundamentally change what it is to be human.